From our crazy family to yours,
Wishing all of you Mommies out there a very happy Mother’s day!
Cheers to YOU!!
& the rest of Team West
I have been HARD on my hair through the years. From the time I was a little girl to now, I have gone from ballet buns, to pageant teasing and bleaching, to pro dancing with extensions and lots of sweat and whipping my hair around into a tangled and destroyed mess. The most damage I did was when I was dancing for the NBA as a Dallas Mavericks Dancer. I had long bleach blonde hair and added extensions for length and fullness.
Look at that mess!
The extensions completely damaged my hair. I was on the court or at practice almost daily, whipping my hair around, sweating, brushing and teasing it. At the end of my career as an NBA dancer, I decided to “give my hair a break” and take out the extensions. I used Ovation hair care to help restore my hair back to health. This was almost 10 years ago and I am still using this line today! I’ve tried MANY other products through the years but I swear by Ovation. I use the “Balance” line with the Volume Therapy Shampoo, Cell Therapy Hair Treatment and Moisturizing Creme Rinse. It works wonders on my hair and nothing I have tried has ever come close the the softness I feel after using Ovation. I LOVE it!
After shampooing and conditioning my hair, I always use Moroccanoil Treatment on my hair before blow drying it. It not only works to detangle my messy, wet hair, it also speeds up drying time, adds shine and leaves my hair shiny and smooth. I have naturally wavy hair but I wear it straight or with loose curls. This stuff helps tame my stray hairs and gives my hair a more polished look.
(P.s. I do not have any affiliation with Ovation or Moroccanoil and will make no money from your clicking on their link and buying their product. These are simply my personal opinions that I am sharing and I am not being paid in any way to share them).
I cannot help myself! This pouch is too adorable! Carry it as a clutch or use it to stash your makeup, jewelry or products!
Dogeared ‘The Lil’ Zip’ Print Pouch – $24 (Find it Here)
They have several different hilarious, witty and super cute sayings on them. Find the one that matches your personality or, if you’re like me, you’ll just need to buy a few. 😉
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash – I use this with my Clarisonic to really get a good scrub on my face. It removes my makeup and helps fight acne. I’ve tried a LOT of face washes, and this is my go-to. (Find it Here)
- Clarisonic MIA 1 – This thing is amazing. I use it every single day with the Neutrogena face wash. It removes makeup and exfoliates my skin. (Find it Here)
- Rodan + Fields Reverse Deep Exfoliating Wash – I use this exfoliating wash after the clarisonic to get any risidual mess from my day off of my face. It gives my face a more polished feeling and brighter complexion. (Find it Here)
- Rodan + Fields Reverse Skin lightening accelerator pack – This is the toner and lotion I use on my face at night to help fade away the discoloration I have on my face. It works miracles! Age spots, sun spots, freckles, beware! This combo gives my face an even complexion and i love it. (Find it Here)
- Rodan +Fields Multi-Function Eye Cream – I dab this under my eyes every night before bedtime and every morning before makeup. It minimizes the appearance of crow’s feet and fights the appearance of puffiness and under eye circles. I cannot live without this stuff. I’m obsessed! (Find it Here)
- Rodan + Fields Overnight Restorative Cream – Even though this is technically made for overnight use, I put this on in the mornings. I love the way it smells and I love how hydrating it is. It is also FULL of antioxidants. (Find it Here)
- Lilash – Lilash is a purified eyelash serum. I put this on my lash line every night before bed. It helps my lashes stay longer so they can grow longer and thicker. (Find it Here)
Sweat pants, no makeup, house shoes and a pony tail.
Happy Saturday beauties! I hope you’re enjoying your day!
Like most “girly girls”, I love to play with make-up! I’ll try anything once, however, when it comes to day to day “face painting” I tend to stick to a few tried and true products. Below are my favorite products that I use every day when getting ready for work. What are your favorite go-to products?
I love Clinique’s oil-free Stay Matte foundation. It is light but still covers any skin discoloration or imperfections.
Nars Pressed Powder is super silky. I use it over my foundations on days I need extra coverage and just alone on a clean face when I don’t need a lot of coverage.
To line my eyes, I use Loreal’s Telescopic Liquid eyeliner in “Carbon Black.” It has taken me a while to master the technique of using a liquid eyeliner to line your eyes without lining your entire face, however, now that I have it down it is easier, quicker and stays longer than a pencil eyeliner.
For my eyebrows I use TIGI cosmetics Brow defining pencil in “Blonde”. It has a brush on one end and the pencil on the other. Simple and not too overpowering of a color.
My favorite blush is TIGI’s Glow Blush in “Lovely”. It is has a little pink coloring but not too much.
The eye shadow I use is TIGI’s High Density eyeshadow palette. I use the cream color as a base and the brown and bronze for my daily wear. But look at all the other fun colors it comes with to play with!
My FAVORITE mascara is Loreal’s Voluminous mascara w/ the curved brush, in “Black Noir.” I SWEAR by this stuff. If you haven’t tried it, just try it ONE time. I have yet to find anything I like better. It adds so much thickness and length to lashes. I have a tube of this stuff in my car, my desk, my purse AND my gym bag. Love it.
I use these NYX jumbo eye pencils in the corners of my eyes. I have it in the color “Milk” and “Pure Gold” and use them to add a little shine in the corners of my eyes! They are only $4.50! Total Steal!
On my lips for day-to-day wear, I don’t want something too over-the-top so I use Maybelline’s Baby Lips in Pink Punch. It adds just a tiny bit of color and moisturizes my lips.
And my FINAL and FAVORITE touch in the mornings is a small spray of this yummy scent. Aquolina’s “Pink Sugar”. It smells like cotton candy and vanilla icing to me. So So So yummy!
Ok beauties! Do share! What is your “CANNOT LIVE WITHOUT” daily product!