My husband and I bought a Paleo cookbook not too long ago and one of our FAVORITE recipes was the recipe for the ground beef and spinach muffins. These things are so yummy and the leftovers are super easy to grab and go if you are in a rush and need a quick snack!
3 16-ounce bags frozen chopped spinach, defrosted
1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 medium onion, diced (about 1/2 cup)
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
3 large eggs
Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Defrost the spinach. Remove excess water from the defrosted spinach. You can do this by squeezing the spinach between your colander and another bowl that fits inside the colander. Also you can try squeezing individual handfuls of spinach to try and get the remaining water out. You should have around 4 or 5 cups of spinach when you are done here.
3. Add coconut oil to a large skillet and melt over medium heat. Add the onion into the pan and saute until tender and translucent.
4. Add the meat into the pan. Break up lumps. Add your garlic, salt & pepper. Cook until the meat is browned. Stir in your spinach and make sure it is fully combined with the meat.
Set this aside to cool for about 15 minutes.
5. Whisk the eggs. When the meat & spinach are cool, add the eggs to them and blend well. The best way to get this fully blended is to use your hands.
6. Place muffin papers in a 12-count muffin pan. Pack the meat/spinach mixture into a 1/2 cup measuring cup and transfer it to the muffin pan. Use your hands to pack it down tightly into the pan. It will be slightly mounded on top.
7. Bake for 40 minutes or until the tops of the muffins are lightly browned.